Skincare Products to Fight Wrinkles Without Increasing Oiliness Aging is
Skin care can be as easy as the ABCs (of skin care), but the steps you take should be supported by science.
A is for Vitamin A or Retinoid -Think Tretinoin!
B is for Barrier - a Physical Barrier - Sunscreen!
You can’t do a lot about intrinsic aging because it comes from the age-related loss of skin cell vitality, but you have more control over extrinsic aging. That’s skin damage and aging caused by sun exposure, air pollution (including exposure to cigarette smoke), and poor nutrition. Here’s the good news. Dermatologists say extrinsic aging accounts for 80% of the wrinkles and skin laxity people experience. (4) So, you have more control than you think!
C is for Vitamin C - Applied as a Serum
Recap - the ABCs of Skin Care:
Bonus: D is for Vitamin D - Taken as a Supplement
The Bottom Line - Remember the ABCs of Skin Care
1. Zhang S, Duan E. Fighting against Skin Aging: The Way from Bench to Bedside. Cell Transplant. 2018 May;27(5):729-738. doi: 10.1177/0963689717725755. Epub 2018 Apr 25. PMID: 29692196; PMCID: PMC6047276.
2. Reichrath J. Unravelling of hidden secrets: The role of vitamin D in skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012 Jul 1;4(3):241-4. doi: 10.4161/derm.21312. PMID: 23467804; PMCID: PMC3583884.
3. Farris PK. Topical vitamin C: a useful agent for treating photoaging and other dermatologic conditions. Dermatol Surg. 2005 Jul;31(7 Pt 2):814-7; discussion 818. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.2005.31725. PMID: 16029672.
4. Zhang S, Duan E. Fighting against Skin Aging: The Way from Bench to Bedside. Cell Transplant. 2018 May;27(5):729-738. doi: 10.1177/0963689717725755. Epub 2018 Apr 25. PMID: 29692196; PMCID: PMC6047276.
5. Mukherjee S, Date A, Patravale V, Korting HC, Roeder A, Weindl G. Retinoids in the treatment of skin aging: an overview of clinical efficacy and safety. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):327-48. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.327. PMID: 18046911; PMCID: PMC2699641.
6. American Academy of Dermatology Association. “Is Sunscreen Safe?”